Baltimore Medical Malpractice Lawyer
A Baltimore medical malpractice lawyer has great respect for the doctors, nurses, EMTs and all medical employees who work day and night to keep the citizens of Baltimore healthy. Any Baltimore personal injury lawyer, Baltimore car accident lawyer or Baltimore workers’ compensation lawyer will tell you: these medical practitioners cannot always help their patients, and sadly many injured or ill people of Baltimore pass away despite the best efforts of these workers. However, there are times when medical practitioners fail to follow protocol or otherwise make egregious mistakes due only to their own negligence. In cases like these in which, had protocol been followed, the patient would have been treated successfully without incident, the patient may be eligible for compensation.
Experienced Baltimore Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you have been treated recently for an injury or illness and you believe an avoidable mistake was made that led to further harm, we strongly encourage you to contact an experienced Baltimore medical malpractice lawyer and inquire about compensation eligibility.
Here is a list of common medical malpractice cases:
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis: Common failures to diagnose include cases of diabetes, cancer, stroke, appendicitis, early heart attack symptoms, pulmonary embolism, and meningitis. These are particularly devastating because, had they been properly diagnosed, they could be successfully treated or prevented. A misdiagnosis itself can also be dangerous because it may include unnecessary treatments with negative side effects.
- Surgical errors: As a Baltimore medical malpractice lawyer can tell you, these errors happen more often than you might think, and can have serious implications for the patient involved. These may include damage to organs during a procedure, incorrect incisions, wrong site surgery, wrong patient surgery, and unintended complications related to the surgery itself.
- Anesthesia errors: anesthesia can be very dangerous if administered negligently or by an incompetent anesthesiologist, resulting in severe side effects and cause to hire a Baltimore medical malpractice lawyer.
- Prescription drug errors: If a medication is wrongly administered, prescribed at an incorrect dosage, or defective and dangerous, the consequences can be debilitating or fatal.
- Childbirth errors: Newborn children are extremely fragile, and any case of negligent childbirth can create severe lifelong complications. This can range from a harmful drug administered to the mother before birth or mishandling of the child immediately after birth.
These are just some of the ways in which a medical practitioner may act with negligence. It is not always easy to take action against the people who were hired to help you, yet if their negligence is not dealt with, more damage could be done to patients in the future.
Contact Our Baltimore Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If you believe you have suffered a medical mistake due to negligence or incompetence, it is imperative that you act quickly. The statute of limitations only allows you to take action for a short period of time. Contact a Baltimore medical malpractice lawyer now for a free case evaluation.