If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you may want to speak to Baltimore motorcycle accident lawyers
from our firm. We know that motorcycle accidents can be particularly traumatic and we may be able to help you recover damages for your losses. We understand that each accident is unique, but we also want our clients to feel comfortable in knowing that we’ve handled many similar cases.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are more likely to cause serious and fatal injuries than other types of vehicle crashes. This is because motorcycles are smaller and lighter than other vehicles, and because they do not offer as much protection in the event of a crash. If you’re seeking legal counsel from a team of motorcycle accident lawyers in Baltimore MD, you may have been injured in an accident involving one of the following situations:
1. Motorcycle Lane Splitting: When motorcyclists drive between two lanes of stopped or slow-moving cars, this could increase the likelihood of a collision. While legal in most areas of the country, lane splitting can still be a dangerous practice.
2. Head-On Collisions: In many motorcycle accidents, another car hits the motorcycle from the front. As you can imagine, this is very dangerous for the motorcyclist and can lead to fatal injuries.
3. Vehicles Making Left-Hand Turns:
Cars making left hand turns is another common cause of motorcycle accident Baltimore motorcycle accident lawyers
see. The car making the left-hand turn could cause a collision if a motorcyclist is trying to pass the car or is going straight through an intersection.
4. Road Hazards: While all vehicles can be affected by road hazards, motorcyclists may face an even greater danger. Because motorcyclists are smaller and less stable than other vehicles, they can suffer more damage from potholes, slick pavement, and other hazardous road conditions.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists involved in accidents can suffer severe, and even debilitating, injuries. If you’ve suffered from any of the following injuries, it may be a wise decision to contact your local Baltimore motorcycle accident lawyers:
- Road Rash: When a car crashes into a motorcycle, the motorcyclist may fly off the motorcycle and slide across the pavement. This can result in road rash. The injury could be very serious because it can lead to infections, skin irritations, and even permanent nerve damage.
- Head Injuries: Concussions and other head injuries can be very severe and even result in brain damage. Some states require motorcyclists to wear helmets to reduce the risk of head injuries, but other states do not.
- Leg Injuries: Leg injuries from a motorcycle accident aren’t likely fatal, but they can result in disability. Motorcyclists who wear knee pads and other protective gear may reduce their risk of leg injuries if they get into an accident.
Contact Your Trusted Baltimore Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Do not wait to hire experienced motorcycle accident lawyers to take your case. Even as a motorcyclist, you have the right to fight for compensation if you’ve been injured on the road due to someone else’s negligence. Our lawyers may help you gather the evidence you need and provide exemplary counsel during the claims process. To schedule a free case evaluation
with a team of experienced Baltimore motorcycle accident lawyers, contact us today at (443) 701-3701.