Baltimore Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Answers to Common Questions About Recovering Damages
Call us today if you would like to discuss your case with an experienced Baltimore motorcycle accident lawyer at no charge. We can match you with an attorney in your area and who has represented clients in similar situations
Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents in Baltimore Maryland are all too familiar. Many bikers are seriously injured or even killed every year due to the negligence of other drivers. If you or someone you know was the victim of a motorcycle accident in Baltimore recently, contact our office to find out how we may be able to help. Call us at (443) 701-3701 so that an attorney can work on your behalf to seek compensation for your accident damages. If you have any questions that are not answered here, please contact us.
How do I get reimbursed for my accident costs?
If the motorcycle accident was caused by someone other than you, you have the right to seek reimbursement for your damages. Ideally, you would file an accident claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. They would then accept your claim and immediately send you a check for all of your costs. Unfortunately, it rarely works that way.
- They may deny your claim and accuse you of having caused the accident
- The at-fault driver may not have insurance
- The insurance company may offer to compensate you for only a fraction of your accident costs
What are my legal options if the at-fault party or their insurance company do not pay for my accident costs?
There are several options but each one will require the help of an experienced attorney.
- A Baltimore motorcycle accident lawyer may refile the original, denied claim on your behalf after building a strong case that proves you were not at fault.
- A Baltimore motorcycle accident lawyer may negotiate the settlement offer with the insurance company. They are more likely to come to terms with a respected attorney than an individual. This is because they want to avoid the costs associated with defending themselves in court against your attorney.
- A Baltimore motorcycle accident lawyer may file a lawsuit and seek compensation through a judge and jury.
What is the process for filing a lawsuit for my motorcycle accident?
A lawsuit is filed when a victim submits a civil complaint at the courthouse. A motorcycle accident lawyer in Baltimore may do this on your behalf and it is advisable for those who are unfamiliar with the legal process. An experienced attorney will thoroughly understand what is required including:
- Meeting applicable deadlines, especially the statute of limitations
- Where the lawsuit claim should be filed
- Preparation of necessary paperwork and legal filings
- Accident investigation and building a strong case to ensure the best possible outcome
Having a respected attorney by your side who can protect your rights could increase the likelihood of recovering maximum damages from your accident. You have legal rights that the at-fault driver and their insurance company will ignore, if possible. Contact us right away to meet with a Baltimore motorcycle accident lawyer who works hard to make sure clients’ rights are protected.